Victoria Bridge, Jeff Masemola St, Pretoria Central
The original Victoria Bridge was the first bridge north of the Vaal River when it was initially built in 1848. During the Anglo-Boer War, it was named after Queen Victoria by the British Military which was stationed opposite the New Teacher's Training College in Rissik Street. The structure has since moved twice, and the most recent bridge was built c. 1911. The current bridge is built over the abutments constructed during the Z.A.R. period (1888).
 Current known heritage status
The structure is subject to Section 34 of the National Heritage Resources Act (No. 25 of 1999) as it is older than 60 years.
 Known interested and affected parties
- City of Tshwane
- Pretoria Inner City Partnership
- Action Apies River Working Committee
- Department of Archtiecture, University of Pretoria
- Pretoria Institute for Architecture (PIA)
The first bridge here was built during the early years of the first white settlers in the Transvaal. The bridge was a wooden structure erected by Phillip Minnaar and was located a hunderd meters south of the current structure. Due to the expansion of Pretoria to the east, the wooden structure was replaced by an wrought iron bridge in 1887/88 by Sytze Wierda, government engineer and architect of the Public Works Department of the Transvaal Republic. The new bridge was built is 1911/12 by Ingram and Co., when the channel between the Victoria Bridge and Esselen Street was constructed.
 Description of site and/or structures and/or interior spaces
The current bridge consists of a sandstone structure on a granite plinth. The balustrade consists of sandstone balusters reminiscent of those in Renaissance style found in Venice and Verona.
Andrews, T.E. 1986. A Walking Tour Through Pretoria's Historical Past, Apies River and Walker Spruit Trails.
Andrews, T.E. 1987. Street and Place Names of Old Pretoria. Pretoria: J.L. van Schaik.